Monday, January 11, 2010

White Chocolate Candy Cane Popcorn!

So if you know me you know that I LOVE LOVE LOVE those Candy Cane Kisses you can get around Christmas. I am sad that they are gone now, but also a little glad since I am sure this December I finished a few bags (or more) by myself! Not good for the diet! But in a few months when I am really wanting some more Candy Cane Kisses i think I will try this recipe I saw HERE at Skip to My Lou! Doesn't it look YUMMY!!!!!




White Chocoloate and Peppermint Popcorn

-16 oz White Chocolate (Can use White Chocolate baking morsels or Almond Bark)
-1 cup finely chopped (like Sand) peppermints (10 - 12 candy canes or 40 mints)
-4 quarts popped popcorn (about 1/2 cup kernals) - if using air popped popcorn add a pinch of salt when you add the crushed peppermint.

Slowly melt white chocolate or almond bark in the microwave or on stove top with double boiler.Stir often to keep the chocolate from burning. Stir 1/2 cup crushed peppermints into the white chocolate.Place popped popcorn into a large bowl. pour melted white chocolate and peppermint mixture over popcorn. Gently stir to coat popcorn while sprinkling remaining pepermints onto the popcorn. Pour out onto parchment paper and allow coating to harden.

I will let you know how I like it when I make it. MMMMM! May be sooner that later.

EDITED TO ADD:
I ust saw this other recipe for Candy Cane Popcorn and it looks yummy too! I saw it on Sumo's Sweet Stuff and it looks like she.got it from Our Best Bites.

No comments:

Post a Comment